Location : Office based- Chertsey, Surrey.
Vacancy Type : Headcount- Permanent
Position : Senior Training Manager
Therapy Area : Urology, Oncology, Specialist Medicines
Ashfield is currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to work as a Senior Training Manager with Astellas. Astellas is one of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies in the world, employing 16,000 people globally and are dedicated to improving the lives of people around the world through the introduction of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
- Research, produce and deliver training plan element of Sales Excellence departmental plan including diverse areas such as, selling skills, product knowledge across all promoted brands, manager coaching skills, “Mindset of an Owner” ownership programme and ongoing business training as identified in the brand plans.
- Work with Compliance Trainer to ensure alignment of plans and that the training plan is underpinned by a culture of compliance
- Devise and oversee delivery of Foundation Training Courses to ensure that new starters are fully trained, tested and validated on all aspects of product, therapy, clinical and environmental knowledge. Aware and able to follow all relevant SOPs and company policies
- Monitor current and upcoming sales force vacancies in order to manage the resourcing demands associated with Foundation Training Courses.
- Ensure that existing members of the salesforce are kept up to date and fit for purpose and experienced team members product, therapy, clinical, code and environmental knowledge is at the desired levels with in situ training as required. Using Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation.
- To ensure individuals have the support they need to effectively implement marketing campaigns, using key messages and campaign materials tailored appropriately to the needs of the Local Health Economy.
- Provide structure and design for Sales Meetings & Conferences as the business and campaigns demands.
- Design and implement the use of innovative tools, procedures and systems related to sales force effectiveness.
- Lead and manage projects working with external providers and internal stakeholders to increase the effectiveness of all sales forces to meet business challenges.
- Oversight of 3rd party suppliers – working with 3rd parties to ensure compliance and adherence of SOPS on all aspects of 3rd party dealings. Including but not limited to including contracting, monitoring performance, adherence to industry codes of practice and compliance standards.
- Improve the technical sales coaching ability of UBMs by providing them and their teams with tools and systems to support the increased impact of coaching and self-coaching
- Work with business leaders to identify, prioritise and agree the learning needs for the Urology business.
- Manage all aspects of training budget (>£300k) including phasing, and coding aligned to key activities, including Sales Force Effectiveness, Business Acumen, working with external agencies & providers, consulting with HCPs
- Participate in relevant steering committees and project groups related to training projects as required.
- Other such duties as may be reasonably required by the business.
- Proven track records within both Pharmaceutical and sales environment
- ABPI Qualified
- Previous roles within training including presentation skills, developing training content, tracking attendance, managing questions etc.
- Ability to coach and developing others
- Familiar with training and coaching models and methods of measuring ROI (return on investment)
- Continuous learning approach
- Previous experience in branding
- Previous experience in project management: strong process and organizational skills for end to end processes
- IT proficient, including use of CRM/ETMS systems, MS Office at advanced level (including PowerPoint, excel etc.)
- eLearning system knowledge (uploading, reporting, tracking etc.)
- Experienced in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at various levels: local/virtual.
- Ability to liaise credibly and, challenge appropriately with due consideration for cultural differences.
- Degree or equivalent knowledge and expertise
- Expertise in purchase order initiation, management and processing: ability to track, monitor and report.
- Willing/able to drive; valid driving licence.
- Appreciation of relevant Compliance and Regulatory legislation, application and forthcoming changes
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity please select "APPLY NOW" below.
Please note if you have not heard from a member of the recruitment department within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful at this stage.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A HEADCOUNT POSITION
Need More Information?
for more information about this Senior Training Manager job.
Back to top