Location : Dorset/Bournemouth and Poole
Vacancy Type : Permanent – Full Time
Position : Hospital Specialist
Therapy Area : Smoking Cessation
Ashfield are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of Pfizer for a Network Sales Specialist to work in Dorset, Bournemouth and Poole. Pfizer are one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies, discovering, developing and providing over 100 different medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Brand, disease and environmental knowledge:
- The HSR should be the clinical expert within the LHE and beyond, being the key source of information and provide regular upskilling to the team
- Keep up with changes in the NHS and the environment to ensure any opportunities or threats are identified and acted upon
- Collectively as a team ensure there is regular mapping of key stakeholders and patient pathways in order to identify opportunities and potential risks, especially within the secondary care setting
- Excellence in planning & preparation for interactions to maximise best outcomes.
- Explore customer drivers and needs in order to assess fit with Pfizer’s commercial objectives to identify opportunity for collaborative programmes that meet shared goals.
- Manage the execution & implementation of therapy area projects and collaborative brand programmes as agreed in the local business or account plan.
- Feedback to internal stakeholders of relevant competitor activity or local issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- OWN personal development by proactively implementing / updating their personal development plan in order to develop self within current role or prepare for any future roles.
Selling skills / driving growth:
- Promote products to designated customers in order to achieve local business plan objectives and sales targets.
- By working the hospital and key departments as ‘an account’, there will be effective prioritisation and use of resources to better accelerate growth
- Be responsible in achieving defined target customer coverage and frequency.
- Work with Local Account Mangers (LAMs), Clinical Effectiveness Consultants (CECs) and other colleagues in the delivery of value propositions, tailored to the local needs.
- Deliver relevant and tailored value messaging to best engage customer to maximise brand potential.
- Arrange customer meetings in line with relevant SOPs.
Brand and disease area advocacy:
- Develop & manage customer relationships, generating and leveraging customer insights and facilitating the implementation of effective programmes and solutions which meet a shared agenda and create better treatment for patients
- Sell the clinical benefits and value of the portfolio to key health care professionals and gain product endorsement to generate sales.
- Ensure products are appropriately prescribed and positioned across the local treatment pathway, ensuring preferential positioning for our brands
- Identify develop and mobilise brand, disease area and payor advocates, ensuring rapid and effective peer-to-peer influence to accelerate growth
- Conduct a situational analysis (e.g. local environment, political, economic, social and technological), as well as understanding the CCG’s/ Trust’s/ STP’s/ Practice Groups local policies and initiatives. This will lead to the identification of challenges and opportunities and ultimately, the creation and implementation of Local Health Economy Plans and individual action plans to achieve business objectives.
- Use of relevant planning & delivery tools and datasets to support effective team planning and implementation
- Take a key role in territory team planning, monitoring and modification of the plan and ensure this links to overall account plan.
- Ensure all Pfizer resources (e.g. functions, channels / digital) are used wherever appropriate.
- Be responsible for the excellence in implementation
- Maximise the use of all multi-channel marketing resources available to them
- Appropriate use of the virtual digital sales team where need be
- Adhere to digital compliance requirements
- Be proficient with all digital technology and platforms (e.g. I-Phone, I-Pad, etc)
- Liaise with territory team members to share information, motivate and support team members to ensure the Local Health Economy Plan is delivered.
- Regular and effective communication with all territory colleagues, including other fellow HSRs across the Region and those who work in other role types across Pfizer
- Excellence in cross functional team and alliance working
- Ensure territory and administrative systems/processes are maintained and updated to ensure accurate recording of territory and customers at all times.
- Record all interactions / initiatives in the appropriate Pfizer customer management systems
- Full adherence to all Pfizer standards, SOPs and compliance procedures
- Strong networking skills
- Thoughtful risk-taking
- In-depth promoted product knowledge and therapeutic area knowledge
- Planning and selling skills (to customers and accounts)
- Delivery and evaluation of projects (project management experience would be an advantage)
- Account management skills and high capability in “value proposition development”
- Experienced at working with cross functional teams to deliver shared goals
- Ability to effectively use company information management and digital systems eg. computer, I-pad, Smart Phone
- ABPI qualification.
- Driving license
Ashfield is a fast-paced place to work where you will be highly valued. We’ll give you all the support, training and encouragement you need to deliver first-class results for our clients. With an international reach and great support, the opportunities here are wide and diverse.
It’s our people that have made us successful, and we are committed to our values.
Quality, Partnership, Ingenuity, Expertise and Energy.
Successful candidates will benefit from a car, laptop, pension, healthcare and an excellent reward and recognition package. Please note that the ability to drive is a requirement of this role.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity please select "APPLY NOW" below.
Please note if you have not heard from a member of the recruitment department within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful at this stage.
Thank you for your interest in Ashfield
Need More Information?
for more information about this Hospital Specialist job.
Back to top